The Some What Crazy Life

Wednesday, October 18, 2006


It's Official....
Evan Swims Faster than Mom
Dolphins' Fall Swim program had a little meet today to end the year. The swimmer were able to choose several events to swim it. Evan swam the 100 yd back, 200 yd free, 50 yd breaststroke and 100 yd breaststroke. And if that wasn't enough, he jumped into a open lane to swim a 100 yd IM (that's all four strokes).
As you may or may not know, I've been swimming about 2000 yds (that's 80 laps for you non-swimmers), several nights a week...so I thought why not!!! I raced Evan (and several others swimmers) in the 50 yd breast and the 100 yd breast. I held on tight in the 50 finishing less than a 1/2 second behind him but in the 100 he KICKED MY BUTT. He finished a whole 7 seconds faster than me. YIKES - I don't know if I can live with him anymore, the boy is fast.

2 Comments:

Blogger Java Mom said...

GO EVAN!!!!!!!!!!!

Love that photo of him......

6:53 AM  
Blogger 3boysmom said...

Now I really can't swim with ya! I'd be lucky to swim 8 laps let alone 80!! You go girl!!! Love the pic of Evan...great shot!

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home